Beetroot (with Potato)
Title: Recipes, Beetroot (with Potato).
- Author: Arvindus.
- Publisher: Contemplationem.
- Copyright: © 2016 Arvindus, all rights reserved.
- Index: 20160816.
- Edition: html, first edition.
BEETROOT (WITH POTATO / CARROT)
This beetroot recipe can be made with or without potato / carrot.
The ingredients are fit for two portions.
- 2 Spoons clarified butter / sesame oil.
- 1 Beetroot (2 without potato / carrot).
- 1 Small potato and 1 large carrot, or 1 large potato, or 2 large carrots (optional).
- ½ Teaspoon black mustard seeds.
- ½ Teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1 Spoon curry leafs.
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped / grated ginger / ¼ teaspoon ginger powder.
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped chili peppers / ¼ teaspoon chili powder.
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder.
- ½ Teaspoon asafoetida powder.
- 1 Teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 Spoon grated dried coconut.
- ¼ Teaspoon cardamom powder (or 1 cardamom pod).
- ¼ Teaspoon cinnamon powder (or a piece of cinnamon stick).
- ¼ Teaspoon clove powder (or 1 clove).
- 2 Cups water.
- ¾ Teaspoon rock salt.
- Peel the beetroot (and potato / scrape the carrot(s)).
- Cut them into cubes of 1 to 2 cm.
- Heat the clarified butter or sesame oil until it is hot enough to make the black mustard seeds pop.
- Add the black mustard seeds and cover the pot with a lid. The mustard seeds will pop.
- When the mustard seeds are finished popping turn down the heat a little.
- Add the cumin seeds, curry leafs, ginger, chili, turmeric, asafoetida and coriander.
- Stir one time so all spices are heated in the clarified butter or sesame oil.
- Add the vegetables and fry them for about 5 minutes while regularly stirring to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the coconut, cardamom, cinnamon and clove and fry and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the water.
- Cover the pot partly with a lid and let the content simmer until the vegetables are done.
- Put the heat low and add the rock salt.