Title: Recipes, Carrot Yoghurt.
- Author: Arvindus.
- Publisher: Contemplationem.
- Copyright: © 2016 Arvindus, all rights reserved.
- Index: 20160818.
- Edition: html, first edition.
In India a spiced yoghurt variation like this is known under the name ‘rāyatā’, in the West often written as ‘raita’. It is eaten as a side dish, somewhat similar to the salads of the Western kitchen.
The ingredients are fit for two portions.
- 1 Cup of yoghurt.
- 2 Medium sized carrots.
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped chili peppers / ¼ teaspoon chili powder.
- ¼ Teaspoon cumin powder.
- ¼ Teaspoon asafoetida powder.
- ¼ Teaspoon garam masala.
- ¼ Teaspoon rock salt.
- Scrape, wash and grate the carrots.
- Mix the carrots, yoghurt, chili, cumin, asafoetida, garam masala and rock salt.