Semolina / Rice Pudding with Cranberries and Lemon Zest
Title: Recipes, Semolina / Rice Pudding with Cranberries and Lemon Zest.
- Author: Arvindus.
- Publisher: Contemplationem.
- Copyright: © 2017 Arvindus, all rights reserved.
- Index: 20170421.
- Edition: html, first edition.
SEMOLINA / RICE PUDDING WITH CRANBERRIES AND LEMON ZEST
This pudding can be made with both semolina and short grained rice. It is preferably served cold but can also be served warm.
The ingredients are fit for two portions.
- ½ Litre milk.
- 1 Cup (approximately 75 gram) semolina or short grained rice.
- ½ Cup (approximately 30 gram) sugar.
- 1 Spoon cranberries.
- ½ Spoon grated lemon zest.
- Put the milk in a pot and put the latter on a small fire.
- Add the semolina or rice and sugar and stir well to mix it with the milk.
- Heat the whole to the point of boiling.
- Stir often and well when using semolina to prevent lumps. Rice needs a bit less attention but must be stirred now and then too.
- Cook and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cranberries and lemon zest.
- Cook still for a few moments and then take the pot off the fire.
- Let the pudding sit for a few minutes so the cranberries can soak in the liquid.
- You can choose to cool the pudding down (when it will thicken a bit further) or to eat it warm.